Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 7-10 Years
The Regional Safety and Security Manager provides direct technical support & leadership to assigned Perdue Farms & Foods business units in all areas related to occupational safety/health, workers compensation & regulatory compliance. Serves as the assigned senior management staff’s “subject matter expert” on issues related to OSHA, NFPA, DOT and loss control compliance. Functions as the regional regulatory interface with internal legal team as well as federal, state, local and compliance officials and insurance inspectors.
- Provides technical review and guidance to ensure that assigned sites are reviewing, revising, implementing, and monitoring the local safety, health and ergonomic programs and processes to reduce accidents, costs & regulatory actions.
- Leads and manages information regarding assigned sites safety and health performance (metrics) and regulatory activity.
- Leads and provides technical assistance and specialized training to assigned facilities such as HAZWOPER, Incident Commander, Confined Space, and Management Safety Development Training (NSC Supervisor Safety Course). In addition, must be competent in Process Safety Management (PSM) to assist or conduct audits & lead PHAs.
- Leads and coordinates with the Corporate & Regional Nurse Managers regarding record keeping, trend analysis, workers’ compensation and case management issues and opportunities with assigned sites.
- Leads and coordinates with the Corporate Risk Management department and each complex Safety/Security Manager that each of the divisions’ property loss prevention plans are being adhered to and ensure that Complex Safety/Security Managers are active participants in loss prevention visits by Property Insurance Carrier.
- Leads and conducts Corporate Occupational Safety and Health audits, submit executive summary reports along with their corrective actions to ensure that all assigned sites are following all Company and regulatory standards, programs, and processes in the areas of safety, health ergonomics, workers’ compensation/loss control and property protection.
- Interfaces and actively participates with the divisions Corporate Senior Management Team along with various complex management teams to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and standards while being an active business partner to minimize associate, product and property losses.
- Mentors and supports the professional development of all new and current complex and plant Safety/Security Managers from assigned sites to ensure all areas of the Company Safety, Health and Ergonomic processes and programs are compliant with OSHA/DHS/DOT standards and to assist in addressing issues, which may develop with the site safety process.
Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health Management or related field and 8 -10 years food manufacturing related work experience. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to team build and influence others to create “Win-Win” situations is a key to success. Must possess strong planning, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Must be extremely technically competent with computers and specifically Microsoft Office and database development and management. Must be able to travel 25 to 40% of the time.
- Certification from Board of Certified Safety Professional (BCSP) or the American board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), CSP or CIH.
- Master’s degree in Safety, Health Management or related field.
- Experience with supporting or managing fleet safety operations.
- Experience with workers compensation, claims and case management.
- Experience business continuity and emergency operations Knowledge & use of ISN or similar contractor safety software program Knowledge & use of Intelex or similar e-Auditing software platform.
- Knowledge & use of MSDS Online or similar e-SDS software platform Knowledge & use of UL/OHM or similar Safety & Health software platform.
- Knowledge & understanding of DOT SAFER & CSA software interfaces.
Contact Person: Shelley Bennett
Email Address: Shelley.Bennett@perdue.com
• Post ID: 30961332 easternshore